Percy Priest Elementary Library
“There are many little ways to enlarge your child’s world.Love of books is the best of all.” ~Jacqueline Kennedy
Dear Kindergarten Parents,
I apologize for not communicating with you earlier in the school year. Know that I have enjoyed getting to know your children over the past few months! I attended PPE K-4th grade and am incredibly honored, humbled, and happy to have the privilege to return as the librarian. A few quick notes for you:
- "Reading should not be presented to children as a chore or duty. It should be offered to them as a precious gift." ~Kate DiCamillo
- Kindergarten classes come to the library once a week. Due to district policy, we are not on a fixed schedule. Therefore, the day your child comes to the library might change each week. I apologize for any inconvenience and frustration this causes.
- Kindergarteners may check out one book at a time. Books can remain checked out for 2 weeks, but students may return books and choose another at any time. This is subject to individual teacher discretion.
- Emails and phone calls about overdue library books are done through the district and are out of my control. I know these can be a bit annoying – my apologies.
- Lost and damaged books are the responsibility of the student. A replacement form will be sent home if needed.
I hope the library becomes a place of discovery, learning, and happiness for your child. Sharing stories, recommending books, dishing out hugs, and helping your students as they continue to develop a love of reading and learning is such a joy. AND, PPE’s team of Kindergarten teachers is the best in the country. They are truly phenomenal. Do not hesitate to call/email me with any questions.